Monday, November 16, 2009

An interesting twist to an already challenging race

News has reached me that this year's Coronation Double Century includes an interesting and challenging twist. As if 205km, including climbs that I hear are almost inhumane, is not enough.

Apparently the organisers of the event have decided to introduce an additional climb just ahead of the finish (I'm not sure how I feel about my own, or my team's, abilities anymore...). This climb, I hear, has been 'branded' the Coronation Corridor and represents the final challenge ahead of the finish.

People in the know therefore suggested more rest, more stretching and that my team and I take the carbo-loading seriously. I suggest you do too!

As a salvage, all cyclists can however look forward to lots of treats (pancakes, hot dogs, free wine and crisps) to replenish the bodies after hours in the saddle.

See you in Swellendam and good luck to all!

Mike





No comments:

Post a Comment