Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What a race?!

Hi everyone

A saying is making its rounds in the cycling circles that there are only two types of cyclists; those who've survived the Coronation Double Century and those who haven't.

As of Saturday, I fall into the first grouping and I'm incredibly proud of it. To say that the race has been a tremendous challenge to me and my fellow team mates would probably be the understatement of the year. It was hot, it was tough and it was a very, very long day. Thank goodness for the treats and the great massage at the finish!

I've received a couple of pictures since Saturday. Have a look at a selection below. I'll upload as and when I receive some more.

Also click on the links below to read about the winners and the new finish called the Coronation Corridor:
http://www.paarlpost.com/cgib/article?newsid=17073
http://www.chainwheel.co.za/?p=683

Best,
Mike
The official Coronation Double Century finisher

































































































































































































































































































































Hi everyone




















































A saying goes around in the cycling circles that there are only two types of cyclists; those who've survived the Coronation Double Century and those who haven't.




















































As of Saturday, I fall into the first grouping and I'm incredibly proud of it. To say that the race has been a tremendous challenge to me and my fellow team mates, would probably be the understatement of the year. It was hot, it was tough and it was a very, very long day. Thank goodness for the treats and the great massages at the finish!




















































I've received a couple of pictures since Saturday. Have a look at a selection below. I'll upload as and when I recieve some more.




















































Best,


























Mike


























Coronation Double Century finisher

No comments:

Post a Comment